SUMMER 2010 Schedule
Here is the day-by-day schedule
- Outline for the Summer
- SENSAI Project Outline
- Intro To LaTeX
- Intro To Beamer
- How to Cite Your Sources using BiBTeX
- How to Cite Internet Sources
- SENSAI Tutorial
- Population Genetics and the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium
- Single-locus Genetics in Age- or Stage Structured Population Models
Classical Model of Selection at a Single Locus
Week One Reading
- Heppel, S.S. 1998. Application of life-history theory and population model analysis to turtle conservation. Copeia, 1998: 367-375.
- Hughes, T.P. 1984. Population-dynamics based on individual size rather than age - a general-model with a reef coral example. Am. Nat. 123: 778-795.
- Caswell, H. 2008. Perturbation analysis of nonlinear matrix population models. Demographic Research. 18: 59-116.
- Hamby, D.M. 1994. A review of techniques for parameter sensitivity analysis of environmental models.
Week Two Reading
- Blaser M, Paul Schmid-Hempel 2005. Determinants of virulence for the parasite Nosema whitei in its host Tribolium castaneum. Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 89: 251-257.
- Rael R.C., R.F. Costantino, J.M. Cushing and T.L. Vincent 2009. Using stage-structured evolutionary game theory to model the experimentally observed evolution of a genetic polymorphism. Evolutionary Ecology Research, 2009, 11: 141–15.
- First Self-Replicating Synthetic Bacterial Cell
Week Three Reading
- Oli Madan K.,Meenakshi Venkataraman, Paul A. Klein, Lori D. Wendland, and Mary B. Brown 2006. Population dynamics of infectious diseases: A discrete time model. Ecological Modelling: 198 (2006) 183–194.
- Calderheady Ben, Mark Girolami, and Desmond J. Highamx 2010. Is It Safe To Go Out Yet?